Year 11-12 Curriculum
St Pius X College offers a quality education that culminates in graduation with the credential of the New South Wales Higher School Certificate.
St Pius X College is proud of its reputation as being an academically successful school that provides rich learning opportunities for all students. The College Motto, Fide et Labore (By Faith and Hardwork) encapsulates the expectations of students and provides the key to their success in the senior years.
Years 11 and 12 offers students at the College the opportunity to grow towards maturity in many facets of personal development.
All students must study at least 2 Units of English, and at least 1 Unit of Studies of Religion or Studies in Catholic Thought during Years 11 and 12.
Students choose the remainder of their subjects after a considerable period of consultation and discussion between students, teachers and parents during Year 10.
Elective Subjects available for the Higher School Certificate include:
- Business Studies
- Business Services
- Design and Technology
- English – English Studies, Standard, Advanced and Extension 1 and 2
- Engineering Studies
- French, Chinese and Open High
- History – Ancient, Modern and Extension
- Industrial Technology
- Information Processes and Technology
- Legal Studies
- Mathematics – Standard, Advanced and Extension 1 and 2
- Music 1 and 2 and Extension Music
- Sports Leisure and Recreation
- Science – Investigating Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Extension Science
- Software Design and Development
- Studies of Religion (1 unit or 2 unit) and Studies in Catholic Thought
- Visual Arts
- Photography, Video and Digital Imaging
Additional subjects may be available through distance education. There is also the option for students to complete TAFE delivered vocational education and training (EVET) courses as part of their studies. These courses carry an extra fee paid to an external body.