Working at St Pius X College
St Pius X College is a Catholic school for boys conducted in the Edmund Rice tradition, located in the heart of Chatswood CBD. The College provides a balanced education with a strong pastoral and academic focus, as well as a vigorous and comprehensive co-curricular program. The College is well known for its excellent academic results and for providing relevant, authentic, dynamic and creative learning experiences attentive to students’ individual needs.
Our Teaching and Learning Framework
- Our St Pius X Community consists of critical and creative thinkers who are resilient and passionate about learning.
- The Edmund Rice Education Australia Touchstones and Values provide the foundation for our learning and teaching.
- An Active ‘Professional Learning Community’ with many opportunities for Teaching and Administrative Staff
- Annual ‘James Fellowship’ that supports Teacher Professional Learning at a local, national or global level with colleagues in a collaborative
- Annual Professional Learning Grants that allow teachers to follow Post Graduate Study that supports Career Stage and Aspirations.
- Professional Learning Team Meetings that are included as part of the Teacher Timetable for structured collaborative learning, lesson walks and peer coaching opportunities.
- Staff Workshops offered for Teachers wanting to pursue Voluntary Higher Levels of NESA Accreditation
- A structured ‘Professional Learning and Development Framework’ that enables teaching staff to efficiently and authentically maintain their NESA Accreditation for Proficient Teachers.
- Mentoring Program for Early Career Teachers with allocated time to support Proficient Teacher Application processes.
None at this time.
Employment Collection Notice
Please note that all the information you submit is subject to our Privacy Guidelines which are outlined in the Information Collection Notice (Job Applicants).
General Application Information
Applications are to be directed to the Principal, Mr John Couani
In the application please include the following:
- Relevant Application form (available below)
- Letter of Application – Covering letter identifying areas of interest and expertise
- Curriculum Vitae
- The names of three relevant referees
- Any other specific information requested for individual postitions e.g. Tertiary Education Transcripts
- Mandatory screening procedures apply for all positions.
- St Pius X College Chatswood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- In accordance with new Child Protection legislation all people seeking child-related employment are required to complete a Working with Children Check clearance prior to employment at the College.
- Salary scales according to NSW Catholic Independent Schools Current Awards for EREA/Christian Brothers schools (see below).
- Remuneration for two terms’ co-curricular involvement at separate above Award rates
- An additional 2-3 weeks annual leave due to co-curricular commitments
- A very supportive and welcoming College community
- Access to generous Staff Professional Development Grants
- Departmental professional development as a component of overall teaching allocation<
- Highly motivated and engaged students
- Provision of personal technology learning devices
Download Award PDFs:
Download Application Forms
For PDF application forms – please right click the right form and choose Save As or Save Link As and save it to your desktop before filling it out. Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat is required to complete these forms.