Working at St Pius X College
St Pius X College is a Catholic Independent Years 5 – 12 boys’ school in the Edmund Rice Tradition and is dedicated to developing critical and creative thinkers who are resilient and passionate about learning.
Educating the whole person, the College provides spiritual growth, a strong academic focus, an emphasis on wellbeing and pastoral care, as well as a comprehensive cultural and sporting co-curricular program.
Why Join St Pius X?
For staff, the College provides a supportive professional environment with a range of benefits and opportunities, including:
- Mentoring program for early career teachers
- Generous professional learning opportunities
- Annual ‘James Fellowship’ scholarships for national or international study
- Post graduate study support
- Collaborative Professional Learning Teams
- Mentoring and support for teacher accreditation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Allowance for co-curricular involvement
- Salary packaging options
- Chatswood CBD location with good transport links
Full-time Permanent Position Commencing Term 2 2023
St Pius X College, Chatswood is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative HSIE teacher for this permanent position. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who has the ability to inspire students to achieve personal excellence.
The College requires a Maintenance Officer to join its Maintenance team. This position involves general maintenance including the overall maintenance and repair of equipment, rooms and grounds, ensuring that equipment is functional and adhering to WHS guidelines.
Casual Teachers for 2023
Position: Casual Teachers for Year 5 – 12
Applications are invited from suitably qualified teachers for casual teaching. We are seeking applications from qualified Stage 3 and secondary school teachers in all subject areas.
Conditional and Provisional accredited teachers are encouraged to apply.
- Support of the values of a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice Tradition
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Competency as a classroom teacher
- Please apply using the Casual Application Form below.
Submission of Application
Applications must be addressed to the Principal, and submitted via the relevant online application form ( links below) by the closing date specified.
- Teaching Online Application Form
- Administration, ICT, Finance, Maintenance and Grounds Staff Online Application Form
- Casual Relief Teacher Online Application Form
Applications should include:
- Letter of application (addressed to Mr Michael Ronchetti, Principal)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified Tertiary Education Transcripts
- NESA Accreditation/Classification Documents
- The names and contact details of 3 Referees
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- St Pius X College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures.
- These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
Employment Collection Notice
Please note that all the information you submit is subject to our Privacy Guidelines which are outlined in the Information Collection Notice (Job Applicants).