The new Learning Hub, adjacent to the Chatswood Campus is a major expansion to the College’s footprint and is part of its ongoing commitment to providing a holistic, innovative and liberating education for its students.
- Building of the new brand-new purpose-built educational Learning Hub at 39-41 Anderson St Chatswood will commence in October 2021.
- It is a purpose built, modern, two-level learning space that will provide 8 new classrooms that can be used as flexible indoor and outdoor learning spaces
- It will feature covered outdoor learning spaces, staff collegial spaces, a lift and ramps for disabled access and will be fully integrated to the College IT network
- The Hub has been designed to fit in with the existing heritage area of the surrounding residential streets
- Is environmentally sustainable with solar panels, grey water, natural light and air flow
- The project is estimated to cost approximately $8m and will be ready to welcome students and staff in Term 1 2023
View our latest Project Update below and watch the videos for more information.
Meet The Team
Tanner Kibble Denton Architects has over 30 years’ experience in the design of schools and educational facilities. They recognise that with the rapid advancement of technology, places of work and learning also need to change and have designed the new Learning Hub on Anderson Street with the flexibility to support and facilitate these educational concepts. The new spaces are specifically designed for future focused learning, to accommodate a range of learning settings and integrated with appropriate technology. Visit tkda.com.au
LLOYD is a multi-award-winning commercial construction company with over 200 dedicated staff committed to delivering personalised service on projects up to $60m in value. Established in 1979, LLOYD has experienced sustainable growth built on strong family values. The team care greatly for our staff, the people we work with and our environment whilst upholding our founding principles of innovation, productivity, transparency, positivity and collaboration. Through ‘Constructive Thinking’ we believe LLOYD are contributing positively to building Australia’s future, one project at a time. Visit lloydgroup.com.au/
The Project Managers
Midson Group was established early in 2004 as a specialist consultancy service in the fields of accessibility, construction design management and project management consultancy. They have a senior team with extensive project experience over a broad range of project types with local, national, and international capability.
Support the Project – Donate today
The College is seeking your support in building the Learning Hub.
As you can see, it is a dynamic learning space that will greatly add to the facilities available to our student body. By keeping the same number of students in the College as we have already, the Hub will give everyone extra space.
No Government funding has been approved for this project, current parents are already carrying a financial burden – some are making great sacrifices in this difficult time to maintain the benefits of a Catholic Education for their sons.
Therefore, we are appealing directly to the wider College Community – Ex-students, former parents or grandparents of students, even those in the current parent body who may have access to more funds than most.
Please consider donating directly to the College Building Fund. Donations over $2 are fully tax deductible.
Your donation will help the future education of young men who will fulfil the mission of service and community based on the Catholic Faith in the Edmund Rice Tradition.
Please contact the College if you wish to discuss this matter further or simply use the online donation link below.
Mr John Couani, Principal | Brain Populin, Chair College Advisory Council