All children of parents who are prepared to support the religious principles and ideals of this College are considered eligible for enrolment.
For information about enrolment applications, timings and release dates see the Enrolment Procedures page.
Criteria for Enrolment
When considering the offer of a place, the College Enrolment Policy gives priority in the following order:
- for Years 5, 6 and 7 enrolments – Catholic boys from our Feeder Schools: Our Lady of Dolours, Chatswood; St Thomas’, Willoughby; St Philip Neri, Northbridge; Our Lady of Good Counsel, Forestville; St Martin de Porres, Davidson; Holy Family, Lindfield; Corpus Christi, St Ives; Our Lady Help of Christians, Epping. *Please read important conditions for Broken Bay Feeder School only priority arrangement below.
- for Year 7 enrolments – Catholic boys from Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, West Pymble and Sacred Heart, Pymble. **Please read important conditions for Broken Bay Diocese special priority arrangement below.
- and siblings of enrolled or attending students
- Catholic boys from non-feeder Catholic primary schools.
- Catholic boys attending non-Catholic schools and who are members of a Catholic community.
- Non-Catholic boys from Catholic Schools.
- Non-Catholic boys from non-Catholic schools.
Sons of ex-students of the College are also given consideration.
Broken Bay Priority Arrangements
*Broken Bay Feeder School only arrangement – Parents of Catholic boys from our feeder schools listed below will be given the opportunity of applying to the Principal of St Pius X College for their son to commence at the College in either Year 5 or Year 7 when they are in Year 3.
- Our Lady of Dolours, Chatswood;
- St Thomas’, Willoughby;
- St Philip Neri, Northbridge;
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, Forestville;
- St Martin de Porres, Davidson;
- Holy Family, Lindfield;
- Corpus Christi, St Ives;
- Our Lady Help of Christians, Epping
**Broken Bay Diocese special arrangement – Parents of Catholic boys from the schools listed below will be given ‘feeder school priority’ for Year 7 only. Applications must be lodged two years prior to commencement date.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, West Pymble
- Sacred Heart, Pymble
Applications from these two schools for Years 5 & 6 will be accepted, however, the ‘feeder school priority’ arrangement will not apply to these intake years. Applications for Years 5 & 6 as well must be lodged two years prior to commencement.
The College offers Edmund Rice Scholarships to eligible students who may not otherwise be able to attend the College because of financial hardship. They are primarily offered to students applying for entry into Years 5, 6 or 7 and are determined by the College Scholarship Committee.
Applications for students to attend the College for Years 5 & 6 ONLY are NOT accepted. All offers of enrolment are offered on the expectation that the enrolment will cover the period from commencement to the completion of Year 12.
Applications from Overseas Student
The College does not accept overseas students.
Basis of discretion
The application of these priorities and considerations may be varied at the discretion of the Principal.
- Year 5 is the largest intake with 96 students – 3 classes of 32.
- The College admits another class of 32 students into Year 6 and 32 students for Year 7.
- Acceptance into Years 8 to 11 is dictated by the number of vacancies.